Colorado Wilderness Rides and Guides (CWRAG), a Boulder-based premier outdoor adventure company, was founded on the belief that experiences in the outdoors positively impact people in numerous ways. Whether it’s revealing strengths and ability to meet challenges or release of stress, tension, and unproductive anxiety, the wilderness can and should be a place of discovery and development.
As a result of our continued growth and understanding of our clients, CWRAG developed a new segment of the company specifically focused on corporate needs and team events. Colorado Wilderness Corporate & Teams works in partnership with businesses and corporations to design programs uniquely tailored to their goals, needs, and context. Our guides and experiential educators have intimate knowledge of trails, rivers, mountains, and forests across the state and have led small and large group outings around the world. Their years of experience, along with great skill in the most difficult environments, allow us to create inspirational experiences for our clients.
What Makes Us Different
We are Colorado’s only corporate experience provider with an outdoor focus. While we bring our skills and experience indoors as weather or logistics dictate, we use the great capacity of the outdoors to stimulate, challenge, excite, inspire, teach, and restore in most of our programs. We are permitted to operate in a vast network of city, county, state and federal lands through 14 different land manager permits and, with intimate knowledge of these areas, we make use of each space to create impactful experiences.
- Professionally Educated Staff: We are professional experiential educators and facilitators with undergraduate and graduate study education in Leadership Development, Experiential Education, Communication Studies, and Psychology.
- Experienced Facilitators: We have facilitated more than 500 events since 2009. Our team includes individuals with 20 – 40 years of professional experience in the field of experiential education and leadership development.
- Assessment Tool Expertise: Our educators have trained on numerous assessment tools including DiSC, 360, Strength Finder, Myers-Briggs, Influence Style Indicator, Optimal Performance, and more.
- Local: We live in Colorado and Utah, know the environment like the back of our hands, and are very connected to the local community.
- Permitted, Licensed, and Insured: We have developed relationships with local municipal, state, federal, and private land managers and currently posses 14 land manger permits, 3 state licenses, and are an official concessionaire in Rocky Mountain National Park. Thus, all events are operated under proper legal requirements and through our own permits and licenses.
- Direct Service Provider: We are a direct service provider rather than an event planner or destination management company. This gives us maximum opportunity to design, customize and provide unique and individually tailored events that meet our clients’ needs.
- Green Company: We believe in sustainability. As a green company, we use carbon offsets for our transportation and our office is 100% wind powered. We promote the reduce, reuse, and recycle model. We teach Leave No Trace and Tread Lightly principles and partner with these organizations.
Colorado Wilderness Corporate and Teams designs events for every industry and across all sectors. We have worked with companies in the biotech, construction, medical, pharmaceutical, computer-science, renewable energy, mineral resource, food and beverage, airline industries to name a few. We have also designed events for college and professional sports teams, law enforcement, city and county governments, transportation, rescue, schools, and education professionals.
We strive to develop sustainable and long-lasting partnerships with groups, companies, and organizations. This allows us to better understand each organization’s unique culture and gives us the opportunity to provide innovative experiences that promote excellence, achievement, healthy communication and inclusion and that maximize organizational success.
There is nothing more powerful and motivating than a great day outdoors